Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hepatitis C Test?

Hepatitis C Antibody Test?


I went to the doctor yesterday for my blood work results and he told me that I tested positive for Hepatitis C. I found that the signal-to-cutoff ratio is (%26lt;3.8) to test positive. My ratio is 3.11. So, that means the ratio is low, right? Research tells me that low signal-to cutoff ratios are normally false positives. Can anyone tell me if this is correct?

Hepatitis C Test?
Find out if you had a confirmatory test done. Because of the risk of false-positives, most doctors run a PCR test to check the results. A positive PCR plus a positive antibody test rules out a false positive. If a PCR wasn't done, you should definitely be re-tested.
Reply:I don't know man ....please check with the doc.


No comments:

Post a Comment