Thursday, July 9, 2009

They told me my A.C.T. test scores are irrelevant?

I graduated at the age of 16 with my G.E.D. because i was told that i wasnt allowed to return to my school district because of some behavior issues (i was a hellion to say the least)I went to apply for college and i submitted my A.C.T. test scores and they told me they they wouldnt accept them and i had to take their placement test. Is this unfair? Also i scored a 24 composite on my A.C.T. is that good or did it just seem good compared to my fellow juvinlie convicts?

They told me my A.C.T. test scores are irrelevant?
Most colleges will ask you to take a placement test. This isnt a question of testing to be allowed to attend the school, its to see what classes you are qualified to take.





For example it makes no sense to allow you into a math class that will be too difficult for the skills that you have. To save you time, frustration. and money the school wants to put you in the highest classes you can pass, but not into any that you will not make a satisfactory grade in.





I graduated high school with a very high GPA and honors. I had decent test scores, and still had to take a placement test. I blew the English portion of the test out of the water, missing only one question. Because I scored so well on the placement test, I was able to take yet another test and pay a small fee to get credit for an English class I needed to get my Associates. Scoring well on the placement test saved me the trouble of getting teacher approval to test out as well as months in the class and a few hundred dollars paying for it.





I don't know why the college wouldnt accept your scores, but go ahead and take their placement test. Rock the test and they'll be licking your shoes to have you in classes.
Reply:A lot of colleges will make high school drop outs take a placement test, regardless of whether or not they got their GED.


No comments:

Post a Comment